Express port card reader?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xoggyux, Dec 11, 2008.

1. xoggyux macrumors 6502

Hi,
    Is it out there any decent card that fits the express port in the MBP with reasonable price and that when you insert it, it will look like it belongs there (e.g. the MBP is silver and it will look out of place a chunk of black plastic coming out of one sinde.)
    thanks for help

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Umm, do you just want a random card?

Either I missed something or you just want to plug things in to your computer. ;D

3. jmxp69 macrumors 6502

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

5. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

what do want the card to do? i have a griffin 5 in 1 and it works great.

6. MBrolling macrumors member

that 21 in 1 reader looks really cool, the one on newegg that was posted. But im curious how does it fit a SD card AND a micro SD? Does it come with a separate small adapter card, the size of a SD that fits in there, and lets you insert micro sd into?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

We don't even know what the OP needs and we're just recommending stuff.

What happens if the OP wanted an SSD instead? Then we'd all go scrambling to find those?

8. jmxp69 macrumors 6502

He asked for an express port card reader. I took that to mean an express port card reader.

9. xoggyux thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry i didnt specify which card i wanted to read, i really kind of assumed that since almost all readers now are 21 in 1 or 12 in one i really didnt think in that. Well i want SDHC (8gb+) reader. I checked the link to amazon's sandisk reader and the griffin and they look ok i probably will buy the amazon, i just want to check first if there any brand that matches a little bit more with the MBP (like silver or even better aluminum face on the side and not black plastic) anyway the sandisk only shows a little bit of black plastic and i wouldnt mind that bit to show but if there is any other that matches a bit better than i would preffer that.
    The thing is im moving on from USB flash drives, the other day i almost break down my computer because i hit a little bit hard on a memory that was sticking out of the USB port and i crashed into it :D.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Thanks for the clarification. Those aforementioned cards should work just fine.

I just want to give you the heads up that all those run off the USB bus (ExpressCard is both PCI-E x1 and USB 2.0).