Express question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Soup Can, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Soup Can macrumors newbie

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. My Airport Extreme Base Station is connected to the internet via a DSL modem in my back office where I also have my eMac. Because the AEXBS doesn't have enough range to reach all the way into my house where I have an iBook, I bought an Airport Express to basically function as a network extender. But while my iBook has no trouble connecting to the network, it freqently cannot connect to the internet. Any ideas why? Thanks.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Am I correct in interpreting that the iBook connects to the network and the internet, when it sees the AEBS, but connects without internet connectivity when it sees the Express but not the AEBS?

It sounds like you don't have the airport express configured correctly -- that it isn't actually part of the network. My guess is that, occasionally, you get lucky, and the iBook does see the AEBS directly, which is why it sometimes works.

Here is the Apple walkthrough... it would help if you could say more about how your setup compares to what they discuss:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107454