expresscard/34 SSD - does it fit flush? any pics?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tkjazzer, Jan 17, 2009.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

I was looking at...
    http://www.delkin.com/shop/product.php?productid=610&cat=0&page=1

for my macbook pro expresscard/34 slot...On my intel core 2 duo macbook pro (the one that has the button on the touch pad - not the newest version with the black rim around the screen)

I was wondering if the SSD expresscard/34 SSD fit flush or if they stick out?

Thanks! please link to a picture if you find one on the web or have one you can take.

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

It will sit flush. I don't have a photo but I have tried it out and it does.

The only problem is that they have been known to be quite slow. Like they were made from the cheaper SS stuff that CF and SD cards are made from, and not the HDD replacement type of hardware.

3. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

faster than a usb2.0 connect hd? I want to play a computer game off it? and I don't want to "drop another usb ehd" and have it break.

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

It's basically a mid range USB thumb drive designed to fit into an express card 34 slot. It took forever for me to backup a few GB of information, something that FW400 or 800 would have done in under a minute, one of those took 5.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

You tell me.

This is the lexar model. Not very fast. I use it for documents and truecrypt so it works. Honestly I'm just happy to get some usage out of it lol. If you can't tell by the image its relatively flush; it sticks out enough so that if you run your finger along the edge you can tell its there. But it doesn't protrude enough to be easily seen.

Attached Files: