Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul.b.davis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Over the hills and far away...
Well, I just got myself a nice new MBP on saturday (I decided to go visit an Apple store, bad idea, there was no way i was walking out without something) and I now have the issue of not being able to use my sound card for recording that I used with my PB (an Echo Indigo IO)

So I was wondering if anyone had sen and expresscard/34 sound card for recording purposes? (I have looked myself, without any luck)

If there aren't any, what would be a good card to get, just to add some functionality (really anything that would be cool to add)

Thanks..

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Well, I just got myself a nice new MBP on saturday (I decided to go visit an Apple store, bad idea, there was no way i was walking out without something) and I now have the issue of not being able to use my sound card for recording that I used with my PB (an Echo Indigo IO)

So I was wondering if anyone had sen and expresscard/34 sound card for recording purposes? (I have looked myself, without any luck)

If there aren't any, what would be a good card to get, just to add some functionality (really anything that would be cool to add)

Thanks..

IMO the coolest thing to add is an aircard (HSDPA or EVDO), but, of course, that's a major commitment :)

When my MBP arrives, i'll probably be using that slot for a flash card reader (my cameras uses SD).

crzdmniac

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
eSATA

You may want to get yourself an eSATA card, and an external HD that uses eSATA. It's lightning fast, and great for time machine.

Mac_Max

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2004
You can use a USB sound card with Sound In. Creative makes one iirc. OS X supports the USB Digital Audio standard so you should be able to use any USb audio device that conforms to the standard, but a Creative product will have a nicer sound. Some of the cheap $10 ones out there only have an 8bit Mono Mic input even though their chipsets support a full line in.

paul.b.davis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Over the hills and far away...
I know, I have looked at USB and firewire interfaces, but as a former Echo Indigio user, I like the idea of having the interface right in the computer, for latency issues (especially when I get my hands on logic studio and start using mainstage for live performances...mmmmmmm)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.