Expresscard reader for SDHC cards (with the SD card flush?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iW00t, Aug 4, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I am actually thinking of getting an adapter that will have the SD card flush with the card reader when it is fully inserted, does such an adapter exist?

2. prism macrumors 6502a

3. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

Does anyone know if the Delkin eFilm ExpressCard 34 6 in 1 Adapter has a slot that is deep enough to have the SD card flush? I own the Griffin and sadly not SDHC compatible.

4. island macrumors 6502

island

Yes it is, flush and works with SDHC as I am using it right now to take pictures and put them on eBay.

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Could you post a picture on here of how it looks in the computer with an SD card in (sitting flush)?

6. jbuba macrumors member

Where can one purchase the Delkin eFilm ExpressCard 34 6 in 1 Adapter? Do they carry it at the apple store? Or is it only available online? I searched the usual store websites (best buy, circuit city, compusa) with no luck.

7. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

It is not that flush, it kind of sticks out a little.

8. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

There is this seller on eBay. Global Memory or something.

Great prices.

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

How much is a little?

I've got this idea of using an Expresscard 34 SSD (probably the 8GB Lexar as it's only $99 from Dell) as a low-voltage disk for playing movies / running portable apps while I'm on battery; similar to a permanent USB-flash drive or something. An 8GB Fat32 drive would be great as a "drop box" for OS X / Windows. The SSD doesn't stick out of the slot very much (if at all really) from the pictures I've seen. That means that it could stay in the slot all the time without worrying about being damaged

At the same time, however, I also need a card reader for my SD (Phone & Wii) /Memory Stick (Camera) cards. An EC/34 card reader + an 8GB SDHC card would be about the same price as the Lexar SSD, and it would allow me the flexibility of actually removing the SDHC card and using it for my other flash storage needs. But I really don't want to use the reader + SDHC option if the card is going to stick out far enough (to where it might be damaged). I know that flash cards in the Griffin card reader do not sit flush

It would be really great if the Delkin card reader (or others) did sit flush (opting for the click-action insert and release) rather than the little "bump" that holds the card in on some readers. If not, I may spend the money on the Lexar drive and just buy a cheap card reader.