Ext. Mon. Wont Turn On after Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Jul 13, 2013.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

I have the opposite problem of another user a few threads down. My external samsung monitor will not turn back on when i wake my MBP from sleep. I have to cycle through the inputs for it to find the display again. I'm connecting it with an Apple thunderbolt to DVI adapter then DVI cable to the monitor.

I've also tried a mini DP to HDMI all in one cable to the HDMI input on the monitor and this does the same thing.

Any ideas?

2. Buckaye macrumors member

So you're cycling through on the monitor? It may be the monitor that's causing the issue. Do you need the Mac to hibernate? I would try turning hibernate off and see if that helps?

3. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

Could be that, I've tried two of the same monitor and it does it on both, I do need hibernation when its on battery sometimes it sits in my bag for a week at a time.

4. TheBearman macrumors 6502

I have a somewhat similar problem with an older ASUS display. It's so bad that I need to unplug to recover. What I've found I need to do to avoid this is power off while the Mac is suspended and then power back on once I've kicked off the resume. PITB but it works.