Extend network will AEBS connect wirelessly and allow ethernet ports to work?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Scottsdale, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Here is the deal. We have a Wireless router by the Internet provider. I extended the network using my AEBS prior generation (right before dual band). It's the square one that does N but doesn't have dual band.

Now, I am successfully extending the network, and I can connect to both my hard drive and printer that use the USB port (via a usb hub attached).

What I want to be able to do is plug into the Ethernet ports on this AEBS, and I want that to use wireless to the other wireless router to give me network access. Here is the deal, I have a computer that doesn't have wireless network on it, so it's only Ethernet. I have the AEBS at my desk, and I want to connect the hardwired computer into the AEBS. I want the AEBS to then wirelessly connect that computer that is hard-wired to the network...

Is this possible? I have used cheap $20 Netgear devices that did precisely this, so I was confused when my AEBS didn't automatically provide such connectivity.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

2. Scottsdale thread starter macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Nobody has a clue here? Please help if you know the answer?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

The airport express is supposed to function that way when "extending the network" but I was hopeful it could actually "relay" the signal but it doesn't...

It only takes a couple minutes to have it join your network so why not give it a try?