Extend screen on Mac to PC??!?!!??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aaquib, May 23, 2008.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

After seeing this video on Cnet, I was wondering if I could have my laptop's monitor some how extend my Mac Mini's display. I'm always multitasking between the Mac Mini and the Windows laptop, so I was wondering if there was ANY way to extend the screen that's connected to the Mac Mini to the Hp laptop.

Thanks
    Aaquib

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

You could run both through a KVM Switch, which would let you decide whether the Mac Mini or the Laptop uses the external monitor with the flick of a switch.

Not sure if that's what you're after, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

3. siorai macrumors 6502

More question and exclamation marks should do it. If not try using the Caps Lock key as well.

-----

I seriously doubt you can do what you want. It sounds like you want to drag/drop between the two OS's. I would think that's pretty near impossible. You could network the two together and have file access back and forth that way, but actually extending the desktop across both systems? I'd almost definitely wager that you can't.

4. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Im wondering if I could use the laptops monitor to extend the Mac Mini to it. Any way possible.

5. macman44 macrumors newbie

Do you literally just mean use the laptop screen to view OSX?

6. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Yes, but in addition to the display already connected to it.