Extended AppleCare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apple OC, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I bought a MBP in August 2010 and decided to extend the AC before the 1st year expired so I purchased AC in May 2011.

I received a letter from Apple thanking me for purchasing the AC which stated that the Coverage End date is 05/26/2014

I thought that AC would only be covered for 3 years from when I bought the Mac ... ending in Aug 2013.

Is the letter from Apple correct ... three years from when I bought the AC?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sounds odd. Apple care extends the 1 year warranty to 3 years. I've never known it to be different for computers.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Might be an issue with just the letter. Try entering your serial number HERE to check the actual status as it is connected with your computer.

4. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

5. craighton macrumors member

craighton

Hmm it could be because it expired that it added on to the current warranty that you have.

6. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Lucky you, it should be 2013! However, I bet the online serial number check is what really matters. I'd check that.

If that says 2013 you could phone AppleCare and ask for an explanation, they may, if you are lucky, honour your letter as a goodwill gesture. Would be good! :D