Extended Desktop - help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mr. Sexy, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Mr. Sexy macrumors newbie

I've searched a bit and not found too much informtation on this.

I have an Early 2006 OR Mid 2006 (Can't Remember) Intel Core Duo iMac With an NDVIA x1600 256mb graphics card and am wondering if this model comes with Extended Desktop / Screen Spanning capabilites, or will I have to enable it in Open Firmware? I've seen the 'Screen Spanning Doctor', but haven't found any information on my particular model.

Also, what are the risks of using the Screen Spanning Doctor if I find I need to use it to enable this and does it void your Apple Care Plan?

Thanks. :apple:

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

By "screen spanning", I'm going to assume that you want to be able to hook up a second monitor to your iMac and have more real estate, as it may. All you would need for that is a mini-DVI to DVI cable ($19 on Apple.com), and a second monitor to hook it up. You can then go to your system preferences and select displays, adjust the resolution of the screens (the video card will push a 30" total (so it depends on which iMac you have (20 or 24))), and the arrangement (i.e.- top, bottom, left or right) where your new diplay is.

3. Mr. Sexy thread starter macrumors newbie