Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
hello good people, i have a question...

a while ago i saw a good product, can't find it now...

it allowed me to network two computers together, so that they could share the same keyboard/mouse, but use their own monitors.

ie: i have my desktop pc, and my macbook beside it, i would like to be able to mouse my desktop mouse over off the pc screen and onto the macbook while they are connected through ethernet....

a recommendations?

thansk,
r.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
love to! i am presently trying to network between my pc desktop and my macbook running xppro...

i also want it to work when my macbook is in osx, but i'm more concerned about xppro for now cause i use it for rendering... and the like...

i get as far as configuring "xi is right of macbookxp" and "macbookxp is left of xi"

and then i test, on the pc (the server) it says "screen "xi" shape changed....

and it doesn't work...

r.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
whyrichard said:
love to! i am presently trying to network between my pc desktop and my macbook running xppro...

i also want it to work when my macbook is in osx, but i'm more concerned about xppro for now cause i use it for rendering... and the like...

i get as far as configuring "xi is right of macbookxp" and "macbookxp is left of xi"

and then i test, on the pc (the server) it says "screen "xi" shape changed....

and it doesn't work...

r.
The host names must be distiguishably different. like the iMac to the left of me is HDC, and this one is SBC. On mac os x when starting anything, type in the --name the_name
so for the server, which is SBC, I typed in: ./synergys --name SBC -f --config syn.conf -a 192.168.1.14
and the other one I typed in:
./synergyc --name HDC 192.168.1.14

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.