Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Cool but i really don't have a use for this i rather backup on my Mac. How do you guys use your icloud storage besides backups?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349485122.337947.jpg

Appleseeds

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2012
I still have my extra storage, but I have not received this email yet.
I use mine mostly for backups probably. But there are some apps that sync in the cloud. Pages, numbers, infinity blade 2 syncs saved game data
So I can play some on the iPhone and keep this progress on the iPad it's quite cool. There are a few other games that do this.

Just a few minutes after writing this I got the email.

Last edited:

big samm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Yes i also use it for games and a couple apps... But 25gb?? That's lots of storage just for simple files that would take a couple kb or mb's...

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
if you have your camera roll activated for backup 25 GB are quickly used. I actually deactivated before September 30th; now I can reactivate it for another year. But actually I need to find a better way (e.g. PhotoStream on my Mac and from there to the NAS ?)

Appleseeds

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2012
Yes i also use it for games and a couple apps... But 25gb?? That's lots of storage just for simple files that would take a couple kb or mb's...

Definitely, I never said it wasn't a little overkill. ;)
I do wish they would implement some sort of Dropbox app.
That would be awesome.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I got this emil yesterday, unfortunately i dont use icloud much nowadays

give me something like iDisk (and galleries) back and I will make use of it (possibly even pay for additional storage)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.