Extended journaled folder full

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Raphey, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Raphey macrumors newbie

Hello people!

To get a password on a folder of mine, I made an image with DiskUt (Extended journaled), being able to write and read it.

Now the problem is, that it's full. It only has like 50mb left, and since its a picture folder, I need to keep adding all the time.

Is there some way to fix this?

Thanks for the help!

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I know this is not the biggest help, but the information is out there (I don't have the ability at the moment to search and give you links), but what you want to do is create a password protected folder, but you can create it is such a way that it is dynamically allocated memory, so as the memory gets used it will expand the folder as needed. The copy all of the information from your one folder to the new folder and delete the older folder (or you could just create a larger folder the way you did before and transfer from one to the other and then delete the old folder).

3. Raphey thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply
    This might be a good option, if only I could find how to make such a folder. The "dynamically allocated memory" you speak of, what option is that?

How do I make such a folder?

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I'm not up to par on all the RAM related lingo being used to describe storage space, but you should be able to resize the disk image in Disk Utility.

You'll want to Eject the disk image if you have it mounted. In Disk Utility you can either select the Resize icon or go to Menu -> Resize.