Extended LTE (Sprint)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by N e e k, Oct 29, 2013.

1. N e e k macrumors 6502

I've been on it all day, I have Sprint. (Chicago area) I know this means roaming, but it won't go off. My whole family has Sprint and are on Sprint's network, except me. Battery seems normal, LTE is fast... What towers does Sprint roam on? If it's still Verizon, I'll just leave it be (their LTE coverage is obviously better than Sprint's, so it's a benefit) but it must be a glitch or something because it won't go off extended.

2. SONiC5 macrumors regular

It's either a glitch or you're roaming on Verizon (or a different CDMA carrier) for voice service, but you still have a Sprint LTE connection.

Sprint doesn't have any LTE roaming agreements, at the moment.

3. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok. Thanks

4. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Must be a glitch and roaming on VZW. I would restart the phone and if that doesn't work then maybe toggle airplane mode?

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you can get on WiFi, turn it on and then go to your dialer.

Dial ##UPDATE#

You'll get a popup telling you that a service update is occuring. When it's finished, you'll be told.

Once the update finishes your phone will reset (like if you turned Airplane mode on, then back off). Turn off WiFi.

You should reaquire the Sprint network if there is adequate signal where you are.

This is a PRL update and simply updates your PRL profile. A PRL profile is a list of preferred and prioritized connections to Sprint's network towers. Doing it on WiFi ensures that it completes. It always fails for me whenever I do it on cellular.

Note that this does NOTHING to make your phone better. It doesn't solve connection issues or software/hardware problems. All it does is update the PRL.