Extended passcode on Find My Phone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by inscrewtable, Jul 18, 2015.

1. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

I was checking out the find my phone app on ios and mac and while I can set an alphanumeric code for my iPod I do not seem to be able to set anything more than a 4 digit passcode when locking my mac or phone remotely using FindMyPhone.

Is this how it is supossed to be? Also if it can only be a 4 digit code is there a limited amount of tries and what happens when that limit is reached.

even with a long passcode set for an iPod, the lost most still stays at 4 digits.

thanks.

2. chabig macrumors 68040

iCloud help says,

Follow the onscreen instructions, keeping the following in mind:

If your iOS device has a passcode, that passcode is required to unlock the device. Otherwise, you’re asked to create a passcode now.

If you’re trying to place a family member’s iOS device in Lost Mode, and the device doesn’t have a passcode set, that person’s Apple ID password must be entered on this computer.

If you’re trying to lock a family member’s Mac, that person’s Apple ID password must be entered on this computer.

If you’re asked to enter a phone number, enter a number where you can be reached. The number appears on the device’s Lock screen.

If you’re asked to enter a message, you may want to indicate that the device is lost or how to contact you. The message appears on the device’s Lock screen.