All iPads Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacIke, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MacIke macrumors regular

MacIke

I am looking at buying a good extended warranty that covers screen issues. Granted I have never needed anything other than applecare. But still I would really like something a little more water damage helpful.

I looked at Wally Marts and that looks good.

Any other suggestions.

iPad Mini, 64gb, verizon -- not yet purchased.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know about Wal-Marts, but Apple Care + is good as is SquareTrade. Shop and compare.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    You could check out Worth Avenue Group. Covers cracked screen, liquid submersion, fire, flood, natural disasters, accidental damage, theft, vandalism. $50 deductible. Premiums vary according to device, but are quite reasonable IMHO.

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

I have only used Applecare, so don't rely solely on my word, but the major differences are:

Worth Ave. is an insurance policy covering loss from damage/theft (you need to substantiate the theft with a police report). It does not cover manufacturers defects.

SquareTrade covers damage and defects beyond the standard Apple warranty. However, from what I understand, their maximum liability is the cost of the device less costs of repair. So if they repair a $499 device for $400, you only have $99 in coverage left. They may have changed this so ask someone who's dealt with them. SquareTrade does not cover loss.

AppleCare+ covers defects for an additional year, plus 2 replacements for damage. No theft protection.

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Interesting points. I have AppleCare on my iPad 2, but after a relative's iPod touch 4G was stolen while she was teaching (which I had given to her as a gift), decided that something better was needed, so I opted for Worth Avenue Group not only for her replacement touch (now 5G), but my touch 5G well.

I figure that if there are defects, they are going to show up within Apple's one-year warranty coverage. Most homeowner's policies have a $500 deductible or higher, so Worth Avenue Group's coverage was a good option for theft, cracked screens, and other damage.