Extending Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by niter, Dec 2, 2010.

1. niter macrumors 6502

Using AT&T was not an option for me until lately. Now, I am either to wait for the mythical Verizon iPhone or get the AT&T iPhone. I have an iPad grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. Can I share this data plan with an iPhone? This would influence my choice.

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

3. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. No reason to apologize (unless you are personally stopping AT&T from allowing this ;) ). Unfortunately, my crappy phone may not wait until Verizon will have an iPhone.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

AT&T is not as bad as people say...I've been with them since the Cingular days going on 10 years...and I can say that they treat me very well...any request I make they fulfill (delaying payments, moving up upgrade dates recieving credits to my account)...and I never have problems with service or getting a signal even in places that have a bad reputation with AT&T signal like San Fran and NY....I was in San Fran last summer and I never dropped a call or even had a low signal anywhere I went in the bay area

5. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Years ago, I was an AT&T user and did not have troubles with their CS...it was more an issue that I live in an area they do not service well. With children, not having the best coverage defeats the ultimate purpose of my cellphone. Ah, responsibility :)

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm going on 7 (also since the Cingular days) and they're really starting to show me some love - free SIM for my 2G when my 4 got stolen, early upgrade pricing for the replacement 4, no upgrade charges anymore, and service is great except actually in my apartment. Wondering when I should call for a free microcell :)....