Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grigb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Hello. I just put my brand new 6-core 3.33 mac pro in a wood computer hutch. Now the signal from the trackpad seems to drop out, resulting in jumps in my mouse cursor. (It's really hard to do something precise like position the cursor between 2 words.) :(

Can anyone suggest a way to boost the signal - like a blue tooth repeater or something? Otherwise, mac users are destined to sit right next to their computers.

Thanks!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I remember reading something about switching the antennas in Mac Pros in order to boost Bluetooth usability. Try searching for it with MRoogle.

grigb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Solved!

I did some research and found others with bluetooth range issues.

Long story short, I had to move my Airport in the hutch.

When I wrote this earlier I had it to the left of Mac Pro in the computer hutch. I played with it's position and found that putting it BELOW the mac was best.

When the airport was at the same height or above it, it messed with my bluetooth reception!

Even though this seemed to be enough, I figure there's no need for my mac to use wireless to communicate with the airport if it's only 8 inches away, so I also plugged the mac into the airport, turned off my wireless on the mac and set it up to use Ethernet wired connection instead.

Less wireless in the air is always better! :cool:

I hope this helps someone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.