Extending Monitor does not seem to work

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cwrighta70, Jul 21, 2009.

1. cwrighta70 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Recently I wiped OS X out and installed XP alone. I used the Leopard disc to install the necessary drivers and everything seems to work well except for my second monitor.

I have an HP w1907 connected to my MBP through DVI, and I followed my usual process of:

Right Click on Desktop > Properties > Settings > Click on second monitor > Click "Extend Desktop to this device"

...and nothing seems to happen. I've tried changing the resolution, unplugging the monitor and trying again, but I can't get any result. Perhaps I'm missing a specific driver? Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Make sure you are running the latest drivers for your GPU, be it ATI or Nvidia (or Intel).

3. cwrighta70 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the most recent driver updates from Apple, and it still does not work.

4. cwrighta70 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to bump this in hopes that someone who knows the answer might see it.

Thanks,
    Chris

5. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Apples video drivers are generally eons behind the manufacturers, you should be able to find the appropriate drivers here.