Extending rMBP battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phas3, Dec 8, 2013.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

So I have the late rMBP 13", I was wondering what settings are they using to claim:

Up to 9 hours wireless web
    Up to 9 hours iTunes movie playback
    Up to 30 days standby time
    Built-in 71.8-watt-hour lithium-polymer
    battery
    60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe 2 power port

?

Currently I have keyboard light off, brightness to 3, bluetooth off and time capsule off and I'm getting 12:35 just web browsing on safari.

2. wingate.white macrumors newbie

Testing conducted by Apple in October 2013 using preproduction 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15‑inch MacBook Pro units, preproduction 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15‑inch MacBook Pro units and preproduction 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13‑inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 720p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.