Extending the video length (loop play) and then burn it

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cool11, May 4, 2007.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

Ι created a nice animation video in motion 2.
    I want to make a video that it would take so long time as I want.
    The whole clip in motion takes about 30 seconds.
    I want to make a videocd with this clip, that would last 30 minutes. So I would like to have the video played repeatedly for 30 minutes and then burn it to disc.

I do not know how to do it.
    Doing it in motion?
    In compressor?
    In a burning program?

How can I do this thing?

2. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

How do you plan on authoring the VCD? Toast can do that.

What I'd do is bring the Motion project into Final Cut Pro. Drag and drop it from the Finder into FCP's Browser, or File - Import from within FCP.

Then drag the Motion project into the timeline and copy / paste it a few times until you have a 30 minute runtime. You could even just make it 10 minutes long, then create a DVD of it where it's the first-play item AND it loops back to the beginning. Then you'll have a total running time of infinity.

3. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Ι 'll try toast first.
    Can you please tell which is the feature I want? How can I do it?

4. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

5. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Ι read the pages about toast but how can I set the clip which lasts 30seconds to be extended to 30 minutes?

I thought I could do the extension to toast. Do I have to do it in Final cut? Is it the only way?

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Yup, or you could extend the animation in Motion but that'll be a big hassle compared to doing it in a Final Cut Pro timeline. I'd use DVCPRO50 for the timeline codec, but a safe choice is regular DV/DVCPRO because I'm not certain Toast works with the former while making VCDs. It's worth a shot because with DVCPRO50 you won't lose any noticeable color. DV/DVCPRO tends to degrade stuff like motion graphics.

7. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Can you please tell me how I could make the extension through motion?
    I saw a timeline but there are all these bars.
    I hope there is something like a multiple copy paste in a bar to complete the task.

8. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

It's way too complicated to extend it in Motion, compared to just dragging the Motion project file into FCP and dragging that file into a timeline and copying/pasting it multiple times there. Before you do that, make a copy of the Motion project in the Finder just to be on the safe side.

9. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

ok, I will install final cut just to do complete this task. Then I can delete it.