Extending Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mattsb, Mar 7, 2008.

1. mattsb macrumors newbie

Has anyone been successful at extending the network of a time capsule with an airport extreme? I just spent a few frustrating hours trying to add my airport extreme to a WDS network, and also tried the "extend the n network" option that is supposed to be easier. I couldn't get either to work. Basically when I got the airport utility to finally recognize the AE base station, the internet wouldn't work - says I wasn't getting a valid IP address. Only when I removed the AE plug and powered it down, the time capsule would allow me to get onto the internet. what a pain!

2. jmmm macrumors newbie

Same here

I get the same message, my bal** is hanging down at my knees now, i have spend almost whole day doing this!

3. jmmm macrumors newbie

hey hey

I got it. Place the two stations in the same room. Start with the Time Capsule or the one you would use as your main base. Remember to see exactly what channel the wds main use. Now it time for the extreme find it in airport utility perhaps you have to use a cable to find the extreme (I had to) the important thing remember to write exactly the same thing for the remote as for the main - the same channel.

Hope it will make it run!