Extending web pages on MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrismac00, Dec 27, 2007.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone I'm completely new to Mac. I started off with my MacBook installed with Tiger, until I found the Leopard drop-in disk and it all seems the same to me. But I have one question, if anyone can help me, I've looked everywhere but I can't find the answer.

How do I extend the web pages on Safari? Is it like Windows where you can fully extend the web pages? I can't seem to find how so if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated.

2. notengolegs macrumors member

notengolegs

Just move the square, as shown in the picture, to the size you want. I think this is what you are asking.

Attached Files:

3. Osprey macrumors 6502

I know it sounds silly, but that is one of the few things I find rather annoying because I don't find it as easy as maximizing the web page in windows, but I am not complaining.

4. jeff3221 macrumors regular

just hit the green plus button on the top left and it makes the webpage as big as it needs to be.

5. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the fast answers.

I know what the green button does, but that's not what I wanted, but thanks anyways

Yeah, I still have a Windows computer and I also am annoyed by the fact that I can't extend like I can on Windows.....

But if it ends up extended like I want it, even though I have to go to the bottom right of the page and move it, its all fine.

So thank you everyone!

6. iMan G5 macrumors member

This is one of the things where apple thinks different. :)

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Macs are designed to multi-task. Macs CAN run MULTIPLE apps with dozen documents / pages open at the time. No slowing down switching back and forth.

Windows CANNOT handle more than a few things at the same time, thus the NEED for windows to hide other programs and documents. It's not a feature.

Answer this, when you use a 1920x1080 display, do you maximize a web page and try to read one web page on that display?

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Considering you're new to Macs, I highly doubt you know what the green button really does. ;) It's a lot more powerful than you think it is. ;) :)

The app will remember your last window size, so you should only have to do it once. Frankly, the only app I like maximized (on a 15" screen that is) is Safari. Everything else gets a tap of the green button and "Exposéd" :p

9. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

This is the correct answer. The idea of 'maximizing' windows has been discussed in other threads in this forum over and over and over and over.... and is not the way to deal with content. Do you want to pick up a newspaper that is 3 miles long, yet only has an A4 printed image on it?

If you free yourself of the idea of having to 'maximize' windows, you will maximize your workflow. There is no need to have a document window that is 1680 x 1050 when the content of most sites is 1024 x 768 or in a lot of cases smaller.

10. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

It only annoyed me for about five minutes. Why have the page bigger than it needs to be?