Extension tube build quality (e-mount)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Susurs, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Susurs, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

Susurs macrumors 6502a

Susurs

Which extension tube for e-mount has best/good build quality? Kenko, Meike? Why is Kenko 2x more expensive? Is it worth it? Any cheaper alternatives?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 12, 2017 ---
    Vello probably seems to have some good build quality judging by reviews... ( ? )

2. Susurs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Susurs

P.S. I can't seem to find a lot of places to purchase Vello... especially in the EU

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I have Kenko in f-mount. They allow your autofocus to work where as the cheaper ones don't. However the DOF is so narrow, I tend to manually focus instead. Quality build though.

4. Susurs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Susurs

Thanks! I heard someone complaining on Kenko for beeing poor quality, but it could have probably been some single defective product.

5. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

If you are in the UK as I think you may be, I have a set with electric contacts (auto focus and metering both work) that you can have for free.
    PM me ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

6. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I have had a set of the Kenko's think I paid £100 for a set of 3 a few years ago...one of my better buys :)

7. Susurs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Susurs

Thank's to the Hughmac! It's great that there are people like you around! I will soon be able to test some nice set as well :)