Extensions/Version for Top Case/Keyboard/Trackpad Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Frisco71203, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Frisco71203 macrumors newbie

Like many MBP users with the early 2007 MBPs, my Top Case died recently. Never one to shy away from hardware repair, I purchased one off of eBay and installed it today.

That's when the problems arose.

Apparently there were significant Top Case hardware revisions between the first MBPs and the one I purchased. The keyboard works. But none of the function keys are properly mapped to their special functions. No volume, no screen brightness, no backlight controls.

The Touchpad registers *all* multitouch functions including 4-finger gestures, the pinch to zoom, etc. BUT the button does not register a click when I press it.

When I check the System Profiler, it reports the Keyboard Version as 0.70 and I know that's not correct. Anyone know what I could do to restore some functionality?

I'm using the machine, its keyboard and touchpad right now as I type this and am not unwilling to simply buy the 'correct' topcase. HOWEVER, I'm really digging the full multi-touch capabilities of the newer MBP topcase. Thoughts greatly appreciated.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well you need the kext files for the multitouch keyboard.

3. Frisco71203 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where can I get the files for that keyboard?

I understand I'll actually need three separate files...one for the keyboard, one for the touchpad and one for the topcase itself. (I may need a fourth for the bluetooth module, which is not functioning right now.)

Is there a source for Extension files?