Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brandonjb85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
Okay my mac has a pioneer dvd drive in it and it wont read my dvd+r dl and I am wanting to burn a mac os 10.5.dmg to it and install 10.5 but the dang thing is ejecting it. So what should I do to get it to work get the external dvd and run it from it or get a external hard drive and try it that way.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
most dont even know that it is illegal too to make a copy of any osx

and before someone here on the forum who is so eager to point out that i never have bought a new mac in the last 10 years , i only buy mac`s with the original disc`s that came with the system
and when i sell the macs i sell the disc`s with them ,
not like others who keep the disc`s so they can reuse it for other mac`s they sell

for example my 2 powermac g5 quad`s i sold recently with profit
(first time i sold something with profit!!
i only did want what i payed for , not my fault if they ignored the lower buy it now price and kept bidding like maniacs )
i sold them with a leopard retaildisc that came with one of them ,was a family pack version
as i want to safe up for a TAM and for a lisa ,

so to make it clear osx is not open source

and out of my experience leopard slows down the eMac anyway
i had it on for a couple days then back to the tiger

brandonjb85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
Well it seems like my tiger is running crappy on the emac and I wanted to try something else.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
most dont even know that it is illegal too to make a copy of any osx

and before someone here on the forum who is so eager to point out that i never have bought a new mac in the last 10 years , i only buy mac`s with the original disc`s that came with the system
and when i sell the macs i sell the disc`s with them ,
not like others who keep the disc`s so they can reuse it for other mac`s they sell

for example my 2 powermac g5 quad`s i sold recently with profit
(first time i sold something with profit!!
i only did want what i payed for , not my fault if they ignored the lower buy it now price and kept bidding like maniacs )
i sold them with a leopard retaildisc that came with one of them ,was a family pack version
as i want to safe up for a TAM and for a lisa ,

so to make it clear osx is not open source

and out of my experience leopard slows down the eMac anyway
i had it on for a couple days then back to the tiger

you didn't even use regular apostrophes here. you used back ticks. i've never seen someone go so far out of their way to incorrectly form plurals using punctuation.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
you didn't even use regular apostrophes here. you used back ticks. i've never seen someone go so far out of their way to incorrectly form plurals using punctuation.
i'm really sorry
...you mean i should use ' instead of `
but i like these little backtick `s ;)
no serious i didn't even notice , that is because i used to write all the last ~20 years with german keyboard layout on a standard keyboard which looks like that
KeyboardLayout-German.png

and only have bought recently a english keyboard (uk layout)
so everything is a bit out of my normal 10 finger writing system
because it looks like that
apple-keyboard-british.png

the z-y swap drives me mad, and a lot of other things are not where they used to be ?
so i came down from using 10 finger system to a 3 finger hit and mis system,
but now i try to remember not to use the small finger of the left hand ` instead small finger right hand ' when doing plurals

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.