External battery back.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by niko123, Sep 9, 2008.

1. niko123 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what external battery pack everyone uses. I am planning to buy one, but can not figure out which one to buy. I want to buy one where i dont have to take the case of my phone ( griffin wave ). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know... :apple:

2. HaroldC macrumors regular

I'm currently using the Kensington Portable Battery. It has a large capacity (1800 mAh) and has a smaller footprint than the iPhone. It also uses the USB dock connector, which should still allow you to use your case.

Works great, and charged my phone from 20% to 100% in about an hour, while listening to music. Best part is that it's got a mail-in rebate, which makes it $15 in the end.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Sear...keyword=38021&searchSection=All&go.x=0&go.y=0

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Wow, super good deal on this. Only 15$ after mail-in rebate. I might just have to pick this one up. :)

4. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

USA only. Bugger.
    Anyone fancy helping me get one here in the UK? I will pay postage and a teeny bit extra for the efforts? If so, PM please :)

5. tcoop25 macrumors newbie

6. reliantj macrumors 6502

Check out the Mophie Juice Pack.
    it doesn't dangle like most
    ext batts. it's more like a back
    case.
    [​IMG]

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

The Juice Pack looks pretty cool, and I've considered that as a possibility. In the meantime I've purchased two of the backup batteries from RichardSolo.com and I am very happy with the performance. Quick charge time and small footprint. And I can keep my case on the iphone as well.

8. opaqueentity macrumors newbie

You can buy it from the UK Apple store: £47.95 inc £2.50 postage (says £4.50 which then changes to £2.50 when paying for it)

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TR823LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0MQ&mco=NzYwMjY1

Mines just been shipped :)

9. crsd36 macrumors member

The Juice Pack looks very promising, thanks for the tip Reliantj!

One thing to note though is that the 3G version does not ship until 10/15.

10. reliantj macrumors 6502

yeah no problem.
    yeah it doesn't ship till next month. but go ahead and sign up for the contest.
    10 people will be winning 1 Juice Pack.

11. iCAR macrumors member

the only problem with the richard solo battery back up, is: when the battery is attached I can't keep it in my shirt pocket without it sticking out, and when it's in my pocket I'm afraid it's going to damage the connector. I wish he would come out with some sort of small extension wire so that you could place both the phone and battery back up in your pocket safely. Other than that, the richard solo battery works great!!!!!!

12. HotAir macrumors member

I think nearly anything attached to an iPhone will make it seem bulky so I simply attach my RichardSolo battery on a flat surface, like the passenger seat while driving. After an hour, I'm back from 50% capacity to full. It's a great convenience to have. It works with both the original and the 3G.

13. yoAlex macrumors member

yoAlex

Great tip! Thank you ... I'm in - just picked one up at Circuit City ... at $15, pretty much a no-brainer buy.

14. reliantj macrumors 6502

well it's a mail in rebate.
    so it isn't $15 just yet =P.

i could probably get it for $5-10 just because the markup is so high.