External Battery for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gator24765, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I am looking to buy and external battery from Amazon because I have a few gift cards to Amazon.

I was considering an actual battery case but most of those only recharge the phone once which in most occasions would be fine. However, the main reason for this would be to charge my phone and maybe iPad for long periods away from a power outlet.

I am looking for something that can charge a phones at least 3-5 times per charge. I am also looking for one that isn't extremely bulky. One that can fit in my pocket and not feel large.

What are your recommendations from what you have seen or experienced yourself?

Thanks!

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I have this Anker charger. Small, feels well made, and though I haven't tested it by fully draining it to see how many charges of my phone it gives...my estimate is at least 3, and most likely 4 or more full charges.

3. Domx9 macrumors newbie

I have a RavPower 14000mAh battery charger and the size of it just fits well in a pocket. But since it's a larger model, it'd be better to put it in a bag. It has 2 outputs and one of them is 2.1A so you can charge a tab as well. For me using an iPhone 4s, this battery charger could offer 4-5 times to it. It could also give 2 and more times full power to a nexus 5 like me. You can check it from amazon, think it's around $45.