External Battery packs

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattpreston11, Sep 4, 2012.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

2. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I would go with the second product you chose. It will have to be charged once and you can use it the entire time after that. One other product that I highly recommend is the NewTrent iCruiser. It has 12000mAh which is roughly 6 times your regular battery life. The 8000mAh should be able to charge your iPhone around 4 times. The NewTrent battery may be a little more expensive but it will be well worth it when you have more than enough battery. One final thing to add about the NewTrent battery is that it is the #1 purchased battery off of amazon. Thats all I got, hope this helped!

3. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was just looking at this as I saw it recommended elsewhere.

Not sure if I should just bite the bullet and get a proper macbook charger for future use also. (Which will hopefully charge my iphone aswel).

Thanks.

4. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I am not sure what you mean by "Proper Macbook Charger" when you want to charge your phone. Are you taking your macbook with you on the trip?

5. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Love NewTrent's products. They have several different capacities if you don't want/need the 12,000 mah monster. They've kept my smartphones (iPhone, Android, and BB) charged for the last five years. Great for travel or anytime you'll be away from a wall socket.

6. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I won't take my macbook on this trip, But I often do.

Over on the MBA forums, they have an extensive thread of how to make your own external battery pack. That would suit me better. But with the option to charge my iphone off it also.

----------

i.e. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Romoss-1400...7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346785471&sr=1-7

7. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

:eek: WHOA! 14000 mAh is the largest I have ever seen! as it looks, it can charge your Computer too, that sounds like it will be better for your situation. One thing you will need to watch out for is space. If that becomes a problem you may need to look for some sort of solar panel charger or something. If you are looking to simply charge your iPad and iPhone, NewTrent is hands down the way to go. Something else to consider is an iPhone Battery case.

8. ScottC7 macrumors regular

ScottC7

Just jumping in to throw my support behind NewTrent, too. I have the iCruiser 11,000 mA battery, and it has been fantastic.

And, New Trent's support is very good, if you need it. I had a lot of questions before I bought my battery, and their email responses Were very timely and informative.