External Battery / Portable Charger for iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by frankypang, Nov 8, 2011.

1. frankypang macrumors newbie

I think many iPhone users have the experience of running out of battery. But you may not know there are external battery for iPhone in the world. I would like to introduce you the MiPow Power Tube 3000 (3000mAh).

Unlike some knockoff products or universal products claim to be worked for iPhone, our products are "Made for iPhone" certified which means you can use it to charge your iPhone without worrying it would break your devices.

It is very user friendly as it has built-in Apple 30-pin connector to charge your iPhone directly and thus you do not need to bring extra cable with you.

[​IMG]
    http://www.mipow.com/product_detail.php?pid=32&lang=en

2. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

3. vaugha macrumors regular

The stylish exterior definitely stands out from the crowd as a a good selling point and I was looking at the 5500mah model (100 bucks) but for the same price phonesuit primo has way more bang (8200mah) for the buck. I agree w/ ilounge's review that no LED indicator to show remaining power is a major turnoff.

Other than that, a pretty decent lookin' ext. battery w/ a choosable color which is always a plus. Maybe some folks can chime in and share their feedback.

4. realbrandon macrumors member

5. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Maybe i'm ignorant, but what other external batteries for iPhone needs extra cables?! How's that a "plus"? I thought all external batteries ran straight from the external batteries to the dock connector. Maybe it's the other way around, but i haven't seen any?

The battery looks good and easy to have with you otherwise, can you use it as a stand too?

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

Yeah the 49 for 3000mAh price point it too high.

Also form factor is bulky. Rather have a slim design for carring in pocket or case.

7. DougNg macrumors member

There are a lot of companies that require you to carry extra cables

Zagg Sparq
    New Trent
    Just Mobile Gum Series

I got three cables from Griffin, each one is four inches long to go with my New Trent. The nice thing is that I can charge my work Blackberry, my bluetooth headset, and whatever other random things I might have with me between the external battery and the cables

8. stockk macrumors newbie

Some batteries are not loading docks/cases. The docks/cases limits the amount of power it can hold because you can only make a dock so big. Also those are not necessarily portable. Most external batteries I've seen actually connect via a cable to the device.