External Battery suggestions please?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Turian.Spectre, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

I am going on a 14-16 hour flight. What battery do I need to get for my 15" MBP 5,3 (mid2009) ?

I googled and found Hypermac, But I'm not sure which of those I need for mine. Not good with these things...

Are there any other better alternatives?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

first, check with your airline, on many long haul flights, they have power plugs at the seats, you may have to get the airline adapter, or on some flights, they have regular wall outlets.
    check out seatguru to see what's available on that type of plane you'll be flying on. (you can put your flight info into that site)

if you look at the hypermac page scroll down a bit, and you'll see a chart of how long they should last compared to your battery, they aren't cheap, and currently look to have a 3-4 week backlog, Also due to legal proceedings from apple, they will not be selling them much longer, so buy soon if you do.

3. Turian.Spectre thread starter macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

seatguru didnt work. maybe a flash problem. I couldnt get past the chose your flight window. doesnt let me chose. my flight is on the 29th, thats why i asked for alternatives to hypermac with the 3-4 week waiting time. And i do know how much they cost. thanks.