External Battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MyiBill, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Look interesting for people who are on the go. Not sure how well it would change a iPad Pro battery. I am lucky and I have 110v outlet in my SUV and keep a spare charger and lightning cord in the SUV.

For people with no power available this looks like a good device depending on its specs.

2. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the same in my 4Runner its in the trunk though so really only useful when the car is parked, could be good for the beach and camping

3. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I'm looking into various solar chargers myself, like the solar gorilla and power gorilla. I'm keeping a look out for other better options. This one looks like something you'd have in a vehicle, not in a backpack.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Solar is so slow and inefficient and would take a very large array to charge something like an iPad. Sorry obama but unless it was like 3' x 3' it would hardly keep up with using your iPad much less charging it. Solar should only be considered if you are going to be off the grid for a long period of time.

5. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

The power gorilla can charge a MacBook 1.5 times, I'm sure it could do the iPad a few times. I'm ok with slow and like I said, im still looking for something better. The point of travel isn't to use the iPad all the time any way, I'd rather enjoy the surroundings than stare at the screen.