Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skippert000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
I have a good old Blueberry iBook and I'm looking to purchase an external CD/RW unit for casual usage with storage and music burning...

Any thoughts on make, specs, and pricing would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Jon

34rancher

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2002
Re: External CD/RW Advice?

Originally posted by skippert000
I have a good old Blueberry iBook and I'm looking to purchase an external CD/RW unit for casual usage with storage and music burning...

Any thoughts on make, specs, and pricing would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Jon
Do you have firewire? If so, I love my EZQuest 48x read, 12x rewrite, adn 40x write. I got it for around $140 from one of the online stores. It is compatible with iTunes, etc. Overall, a very dependable and fast little piece of hardware. Hope that this helps. :)

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Re: Re: External CD/RW Advice?

Originally posted by 34rancher
Do you have firewire? If so, I love my EZQuest 48x read, 12x rewrite, adn 40x write. I got it for around $140 from one of the online stores. It is compatible with iTunes, etc. Overall, a very dependable and fast little piece of hardware. Hope that this helps. :)

Ditto, if you have firewire I have found my EZQuest Firewire burner to be very reliable. It's compatible with iTunes in OS X and with Disk Copy. EZQuest Burner

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.