External Cinema Screen + mbp closed or open

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by critten, Jan 23, 2008.

1. critten macrumors member

I really don't need 2 screens especially since im running the 30" =p. What are yall opinions with the macbook pro closed? i noticed that it gets really hot and the only fan i see is under screen which i guess is closed off when my screen is closed! i hate to accumulate dust on my screen but then again i dont want it to over heat, what do you guys do as for the set up? Im digging my mighty mouse and new wireless keyboard!

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Just fine your MacBook Pro will work with the lid closed - designed to do so it was!

3. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

Things should be fine, but if you are really worried, you can open it just a crack.

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I don't know about it being designed to run closed, but it doesn't seem like Apple minds if you run it closed. I mean, they tell you how to get it running when the lid is closed.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86286

5. gotzero macrumors 68040

I run mine in clamshell all the time.

The laptop display is actually more distracting that anything...

I really wish someone could get the MBP running right with two WUXGA panels. I would be in heaven...

6. critten thread starter macrumors member

ok so another question, i run my computer closed. when i get up for class and my mbp is sleep mode,i unplug the computer monitor cord and pop it in my backpack. This causes me to get to class and when i open the lid it seems the computer doesnt respond to the opening. Thus have to do a hard shut down with the button. What can i do to prevent this and to also keep it in easy to use shape