External Devices Stuck In My iMac's Usb Port!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by beeinformed, Dec 26, 2012.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

My 24 inch 2009 imac computer was repaired three or four weeks ago and the hard drive, logic board, power supply and power inverter cable was replaced. A few hours after the technician had left my home, I tried to remove two external devices (keyboard and mouse) from the usb port and it is impossible to remove them.

My iMac computer stop working again a few days after it was repaired (as all the old hardware issues it was having previously have returned ) and since the next repair will be considered the third one, I'm not sure if it will be replaced with another computer and/or parts, i.e, logic board, hard drive, etc.

My question is if Apple decides to replace the iMac with replacement parts (such as a logic board, hard drive,etc), how will the technician be able to replace these parts with the external devices (keyboard and mouse) stuck in the usb ports and even if he can remove these devices, is there a possibility that this will damage the computer?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this issue! :)

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

If the technician has performed work on your computer, under warrantee or otherwise, and it still doesn't work and now has new problems: take it up with the technician! If it was Apple who did this, then get them to sort it out.

It sounds like the case or logic board is not sitting in exactly the right place, so the ports don't align well with the holes in the case.

3. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

I currently have the Apple care plan and Apple had sent an authorized in-home technician to repair my computer. I have been working with a senior tech advisor from Apple for the past several months about the hardware issues affecting the iMac computer, so she is very conversant with the problems the iMac is having.

I am currently awaiting to hear from her (as she has been consulting with Apple's engineering dept. about the iMac's hardware issues) about what the next step will be.

4. ritesh123 macrumors newbie

5. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I hope somebody can answer the question I previously asked which is: 'If Apple decides to replace the iMac with replacement parts (such as a logic board, hard drive,etc), how will the technician be able to replace these parts with the external devices (keyboard and mouse) stuck in the usb ports and even if he can remove these devices, is there a possibility that this will damage the computer?"