External Display after software update noooo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by critten, Feb 16, 2008.

1. critten macrumors member

Well at first i thought leopard died. so i reformatted it but now its doing the same thing AFTER i installed all the updates.

THE PROBLEM: whenever i to boot up my external via apple mouse and wireless keyboard, it goes instantly back to sleep. It worked until in installed a last batch of updates. now i have to leave my laptop open to type this up. On top of that, it doesnt recognize my external display so i am still on a low resolution sighhhh. I don't know why all of a sudden it stopped working but i think its a software thing definitely because once i formatted it worked, then i put all my mail/music backups back in, and installed updates last and it stopped working!!! NOOOOO anyone have this problem too?

2. Blowy macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem with my mbp 2.2ghz, my external monitor (1680x1050) will only go up the 1440x900 res of the mbp monitor. Only happened after updating to 10.5.2 today.......

3. gotzero macrumors 68040

I am having problems in clamshell. I am hoping there will be fixes for this soon. It is very inconvenient.

I always update my mini first, and then move on to the MBP is all is well. I saw no problems when I did the mini, and now the MBP is acting up. Oh well...