External display and rMBP (boot camp)

kohei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Hi forum,

I have installed Win7 (boot camp) to my rMBP and the process was alright.

However, when I plug my rMBP (Win7 under boot camp) to an external display via displayport->vga, the maximum resolution I can get at the external is 680x480. I cannot adjust any display setting in Win7 (as attached). The external works fine on OSX.

Has anyone of you encountered this problem before? I tried several external displays already so I am guessing it is the 650M driver issue but I am seeking more opinions.

Thanks. :)

Attachments

guzhogi

macrumors 68030
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Might as well get the silly questions asked first: did you install the Boot Camp drivers? In Mac OS X, if you go to the Boot Camp Utility, you have to download the drivers & put them onto a hard drive or DVD.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I work in IT at a school and you won't believe how many people (mainly teachers!) complain about how something doesn't work - because it's not plugged in. So sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

kohei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Might as well get the silly questions asked first: did you install the Boot Camp drivers? In Mac OS X, if you go to the Boot Camp Utility, you have to download the drivers & put them onto a hard drive or DVD.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I work in IT at a school and you won't believe how many people (mainly teachers!) complain about how something doesn't work - because it's not plugged in. So sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
Yes I downloaded the driver from boot camp utility. I can run 2800x1800 in Win7 however it all goes back to 680x480 once I connected a secondary display. :(

Thanks anyway!

----------

It's on duplicate ( mirroring). Change it to extended
Thanks, but I am hoping it work as mirroring as I am using it for demo purposes. I am not expecting my external display to run 2800x1800 but it would be frustrated if VGA quality is the only option.