Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

kohei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Hi forum,

I have installed Win7 (boot camp) to my rMBP and the process was alright.

However, when I plug my rMBP (Win7 under boot camp) to an external display via displayport->vga, the maximum resolution I can get at the external is 680x480. I cannot adjust any display setting in Win7 (as attached). The external works fine on OSX.

Has anyone of you encountered this problem before? I tried several external displays already so I am guessing it is the 650M driver issue but I am seeking more opinions.

Thanks. :)

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    128.5 KB · Views: 90

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Might as well get the silly questions asked first: did you install the Boot Camp drivers? In Mac OS X, if you go to the Boot Camp Utility, you have to download the drivers & put them onto a hard drive or DVD.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I work in IT at a school and you won't believe how many people (mainly teachers!) complain about how something doesn't work - because it's not plugged in. So sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

Comment

kohei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Might as well get the silly questions asked first: did you install the Boot Camp drivers? In Mac OS X, if you go to the Boot Camp Utility, you have to download the drivers & put them onto a hard drive or DVD.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I work in IT at a school and you won't believe how many people (mainly teachers!) complain about how something doesn't work - because it's not plugged in. So sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
Yes I downloaded the driver from boot camp utility. I can run 2800x1800 in Win7 however it all goes back to 680x480 once I connected a secondary display. :(

Thanks anyway!

----------

It's on duplicate ( mirroring). Change it to extended
Thanks, but I am hoping it work as mirroring as I am using it for demo purposes. I am not expecting my external display to run 2800x1800 but it would be frustrated if VGA quality is the only option.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.