External Display flicker..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FMD:., May 2, 2010.

1. FMD:. macrumors member

Hey guys

My external display has been flickering everytime my machine goes to sleep then wakes up. I purchased a cheap monoprice MiniDisplay port because at the moment i was tight on cash (just purchased the MBP i7)

Anyone know what the cause might be? I am going to see if a friend of mine will let me borrow his Apple Mini Display Port to DVi to use and see if it does the same thing. If it doesnt I will be returning my Monoprice one and spending an extra 20 on the real thing from apple.

Just seeing what your thoughts are and if any of you have had this same problem.

Oh and I tried taking a screen shot of the background because usually if its the vid card, it is the actual hardware itself and not just the display but when i took the screen shot everything looked good...no noise so I assume its something else.

2. Saturate macrumors newbie

I got the same problem...

I got a MacBook i7 2,66

It flickers all the time, i got a MiniDisplay Port --> VGA adapter (The official one) .

My External Display is a Sony KDL-40W4000 running 1920x1080, but the problem remains if i try to change the resolution.

I have tryed changing the VGA cabel, still no luck... or at least in the start i thougt it was working, but when i woke up again, the damn flicker was there.

It works flawless on my Lenovo ThinkPad R61 :mad:

3. cti macrumors newbie

also happening on my 15'' i7 with a samsung syncmaster 2033, called applecare they said brign it to a service center (i havent got a chance yet, cant be without a machine right now)....going to try to get a new adapter and keep my fingers crossed