External Display for 2.0 silver macbook

jorje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
I am looking for an external monitor and came upon the dell s2209w monitor. It comes with 2 cords needed for setup but i am wondering if i will need any additional cords and if anyone had experience with this monitor. Thank You.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
You'll need a converter to convert the MacBook's MiniDisplayPort to whatever type of connection you're going to use for the Dell (DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort...I dunno what it comes with).

www.monoprice.com is a good place to get adapters if you don't wanna pay Apple's prices.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
I just bought that monitor about a month ago. I love it!
(if you have the mini display -> dvi connector you can plug this monitor in and start using it right away. No setup needed)

jorje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
i think im going to go with the dell p2310h monitor. I am probably going to set up my xbox 360 to this monitor so would i need the xbox 360 AVG cord to plug it into the monitor? Also would i still need the minidisplay port to dvi or whatever it has?

jorje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
and does anyone know if either of these monitors have both an AVG and a DVI plug so i could plug the macbook and xbox 360 at the same time?