External Display for 2.0 silver macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jorje, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jorje macrumors newbie

I am looking for an external monitor and came upon the dell s2209w monitor. It comes with 2 cords needed for setup but i am wondering if i will need any additional cords and if anyone had experience with this monitor. Thank You.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

You'll need a converter to convert the MacBook's MiniDisplayPort to whatever type of connection you're going to use for the Dell (DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort...I dunno what it comes with).

www.monoprice.com is a good place to get adapters if you don't wanna pay Apple's prices.

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I just bought that monitor about a month ago. I love it!
    (if you have the mini display -> dvi connector you can plug this monitor in and start using it right away. No setup needed)

4. jorje thread starter macrumors newbie

i think im going to go with the dell p2310h monitor. I am probably going to set up my xbox 360 to this monitor so would i need the xbox 360 AVG cord to plug it into the monitor? Also would i still need the minidisplay port to dvi or whatever it has?

5. jorje thread starter macrumors newbie

and does anyone know if either of these monitors have both an AVG and a DVI plug so i could plug the macbook and xbox 360 at the same time?