External display for Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by plztung, Feb 22, 2011.

1. plztung macrumors newbie

2. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Apple Cinema Display

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you want good colors for reasonable price, take a look at HP's and Dell's IPS displays. For the best color, you want something else than a TN panel and all those cheap-ish displays use TN.

4. plztung thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply but I cant afford that display :D. That's why I limit my choices to those 2 in term of budget and the stock at where I am.

5. aukk macrumors newbie

i have the HP w2228h which i bought about 18month ago. its is fine, its a decent display which gives the average user everything he needs.
    I just bought the samsung bx2450 two days ago.This one is an led display, which is the main reason why i bought it (and also because it goes well with my 40 inch 6200 led samsung tv). I am huge fan of leds and i play quite a lot of online poker which led me to buying the slightly bigger 24 inch piece. I am yet to receive it but i think for a price that low its an easy choice. Both display mentioned are glossy/superglossy so if your looking for that they are certainly your friend, if you photoshop a lot and stuff you might wanna look for something else.
    im selling the hp in the near future and am not to greedy about the money, so if you live in europe it might be an option (shipping would prob be insane to the US).good luck anyways

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules

7. aukk macrumors newbie

im a complete noob here, didnt know this.sorry

8. plztung thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyone who has used an ASUS or a ViewSonic screen for their Mac? How's the display quality? Is it better than LG or Samsung, which in the same price range?

9. jim468 macrumors regular

Hello plztung,

Which monitor did you end up buying? And how is it? I am in the same dilemma between these two monitors.

Thanks.

10. duncanbrodie1 macrumors member

dude, please check out this monitor:
    http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/PA246Q/

for $500.00 you can't go wrong.
    I have this and its stunning. I've never had a professional monitor before, but wow, what an upgrade. 1920x1200 is such a great resolution and the build quality is far superior to most monitors out there.
    not to mention the IPS panel!

11. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Not to be rude. When you make a account you agree you have read the rules...
    Was only a minor violation anyway just make sure you do read the rules and you will be fine.