External Display For macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gungrave70, Aug 5, 2008.

1. gungrave70 macrumors newbie

I am currently searching for an external monitor that measures at lease 20" to hook up to my new macbook, I play on spending, if possible a max of 600-650 on a monitor and was curious on what would be the best purchase. I was not sure if the 20"
    Apple Cinema Display was worth the price tag of if there are far better options available.

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Go dell, seriously. The monitors are excellent quality for the price.

3. gungrave70 thread starter macrumors newbie

What is the maximum output resolution of the macbook?

4. benh- macrumors member

Dell, are you sure? I bought a laptop from there, it feels as cheap as hell! I'd go for a Sony or something, or if money is an issue here, go for Acer (I have had both an Acer laptop and Dell, and Acer wins on quality hands down. No experience of external monitors tho).

5. MrSEC macrumors regular

I agree with you on the Dell laptop,but I must say they build a pretty good external monitor for the price.

I have a 24" that I use with my Sony Vaio laptop,mac mini,and my wife's core duo MacBook,and it worksfine with all of them.....and all 3 have the crappy intel 950 video card,so it should work a bit better with the newer intel 3100.

6. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I personally did end up buying the 20" :apple: Cin. Display for my Macbook. I could not be more pleased. I looked into other monitors from HP, Dell, and and Even a 26" LCD HD TV. I ended up getting and eyetv and my Cin. Display for my computer and television and I love it.

7. Cdumitru78 macrumors member

Samsung

After much debate I bought a 24 inch Samsung monitor from Best Buy ($499.00), couldn't be more pleased, had it for over one week and I really love it.

8. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

There are better options. What do you intend to use the display for (e.g., gaming, photo work, etc.)? If photo work, they you should look for a true 8-bit panel in the display, such as S-IPS.

1920x1200, the native resolution of 24" displays (and the 23" ACD).

9. Benjvogt macrumors newbie

Benjvogt

I have a 19" Acer I bought about 6 months ago, its an alright monitor but the VGA cable has to be in just the right spot or the picture goes out, also the resolution is a little lack luster, if you've got the money, go Apple. But if you go Apple, wait a couple of months, they're expected to roll out some new displays.

10. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

It is interesting what kinds of monitors people choose.

11. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I'm thinking of getting a Vizio TV to set up with my Macbook. A friend of mine bought one the other day, and it looks great. Plus the price is right.