external display is off-center

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thaiman, Mar 1, 2011.

1. thaiman macrumors newbie

I have used this samsung LD190G as an external display with my 18 month old macbook pro 13" successfully for quite a while. Now it pushes the screen to the left and I can't see my Apple menu anymore. I tried to take a screenshot but it shows the screen properly so I attached this mock version screenshot. There are no controls on the monitor to change its position and the resolution is just fine. The mouse will not go into the black area on the right, but will go beyond the edge of what I see as if the screen is over there.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. tkneisly macrumors newbie

Has anyone found an answer to this question? I'm having the same issue, too. Except my issue only started when I upgraded to Lion.

3. thabronze macrumors newbie

It seems to have been a while since anyone's laughed about this problem. I haven't upgraded to Lion yet, but...
    Now I share the funny problem.
    Help please.
    Thanks for looking.

4. PAC88 macrumors 6502

hate to bring up an old thread but I'm having this same issue with my Macbook Air when connecting to my LG monitor through hdmi

5. 7DSniper macrumors regular

Go into the menu of your LG TV and adjust the screen position.

6. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I want to do that (seems like the obvious fix) but it won't let me change any position settings when plugged in through hdmi..

I've narrowed it down to some issue with the external monitor b/c I plugged in a 15" MBP and it's doing the same thing. I'll just keep messing around with settings on the monitor..

I bet it would work fine if I used a VGA adapter. I'll try that later.

7. 7DSniper macrumors regular

I also read somewhere that if you re-label the HDMI input as PC input the TV will adjust itself. May or may not work won't hurt to try. Good luck