Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frog3r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I have a new 2.0 C2D MB and a Samsung "Syncmaster" 970p. I use this monitor for my intel mac mini, connected via DVI.
I received my laptop yesterday and it wont work with my tv nor with the samsung lcd screen (tv connected via vga)
Both adapters came with the laptop but neither seem to display anything because the macbook isnt reading signals from them.
The monitor realizes when i disconnect the cable from the mac but still says it has no input, the tv just says there is no input.
Any ideas?
Im not sure if I explained myself correctly, ask for any doubts..

ultimateceej

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Texas
So let me get this straight... you're trying to connect a mb to a Monitor via mini-dvi > dvi adapter and the monitor does not detect input? If this is the case, make sure that your monitor is set to detect digital input. It could be looking for an analog signal when there is none.

The same concept applies for the tv. Make sure you are on the right input channel (it might say "PC" or "VGA") and see if that helps.

frog3r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
So let me get this straight... you're trying to connect a mb to a Monitor via mini-dvi > dvi adapter and the monitor does not detect input? If this is the case, make sure that your monitor is set to detect digital input. It could be looking for an analog signal when there is none.

The same concept applies for the tv. Make sure you are on the right input channel (it might say "PC" or "VGA") and see if that helps.

I was doing just that, in the monitor it even has autodetection. I restarted and logged in with the monitor connected.. gues what it happened.. but it isnt supposed to work that way is it?, i though it should autodetect it whenever I connected the monitor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.