External Display Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DaniHungary, Dec 12, 2014.

1. DaniHungary macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I have a 2010 Mid 13" Macbook Pro, and a Thunderbolt to VGA adapter, which i used to connect my external VGA monitor to my mac, for years. Now, that I updated to Yosemite, it's just not quite want to work. I connect it to the adapter, the screen flashes, it detects the monitor, I can see it at settings, i can drag windows to it, but on the monitor, it says "no signal" and stays blank. Any ways to solve it? Tried with different VGA monitors, same result. Only since Yosemite. :confused:

2. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

I'd also check the adapter by testing with a different one and a different monitor. Just to isolate that its Yosemite.

3. DaniHungary thread starter macrumors newbie

tested on a different mac with different display, the adapter is fine. but thank you for the reply! :)

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

At some point there was actually some kind of a firmware update for the mDP/TB-to-VGA adapter, I believe. I don't recall all the details, but pretty sure there was something. Is it possible you're using an old revision of the adapter?

Edit: Here. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201158

5. DaniHungary thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You very much Sir, now it is working! Very much apreciated your help!!! :)

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Glad you're back up and running.