External display: slightly titled to the right handside ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by howareyoukk, May 2, 2014.

1. howareyoukk macrumors regular

So I have this external monitor where the left ( the distance from the bottom left to the table) is actually a bit higher than the right ( the distance from the bottom right to the table) my friend measures it for me and the differences is within in 2 mm . But if I sit far enough and look at it and I still feel the monitor is a bit tilted to the right. Do you guys think this is normal? Have any Of you encounter the same problem with your monitor? It's not an apple monitor

Thanks in advanced :)

2. DeltaMac, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014

DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

A bit of folded card under the right side of the stand will level the screen pretty easily.
    If the LCD screen is slightly out of "square" in the bezel, then there's not much you can do about that, other than complain to the manuf, or return if there's a warranty. A replacement for a cheap display may not be any better (maybe worse), but if it truly annoys you, it's worth a try, I suppose.

Another possibility is to remove the factory stand, and use a VESA mount adapter. That will allow you to easily position the display exactly as you want.
    Lots of options with the VESA mounts, including wall adapters.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...words=vesa+monitor+stand&sprefix=vesa,aps,768

3. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

Hi:)

Thanks so much for your info and the link. The screen is ok in the bezel--its right in the center i think. What happens to my monitor is actually the display itself (screen +bezel) is a bit higher on the left. I guess the VESA mounts can solve my issue and save me some spaces on the desk (my monitor has a huge stand :(.

I will look into the link and thanks again :)

Hope you have a great day :)

4. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Make sure the screws are tight enough on the stand, I had this happen to me and it turned out the one screw was loose and wasn't holding the monitor up good enough.