External Display Woes. MBP 2.53GHz.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tejaykay, Nov 29, 2008.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

So everything about me new MBP is perfect. I've been using it for a little over a week now and only noticed something odd with it last night. I normally plug it into my Samsung 32" HDTV to watch movies off of my laptop. I use Airfoil to transmit the sound to my HiFi. The issue is that after an undetermined amount of time (usually somewhere between 5mins - 10mins), the display will refresh as if the notebook stopped sending signal for a moment. Then the picture quickly returns in a second or so.

I know it is not an issue with the TV as I've been using the same setup on my late PowerBook for the last year and there were no problems. The TV is connected to the MBP via a 10m VGA lead and using the Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter. I really don't understand why this is happening? It's not a huge issue, but I'd rather it didn't occur. I hope Apple releases a HDMI adapter soon.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Still having the same problem, it's getting annoying now as the MBP stops sending signal at seemingly coincidental pivotal scenes in films. So irritating to miss a relevant shot and then rewind.

Is no one else experiencing this problem? Any advice?