External Displays

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crypticlineage, Aug 30, 2010.

1. crypticlineage macrumors regular

I am looking to buy a decent external monitor for watching movies and stuff with my mbp 13. I am down to these two models and wondering if anyone else has either one of them and if so, what do you think of them. Both of these have excellent reviews on newegg.

ASUS VH 226H 21.5"

ASUS VH 232H 23.0"

Also, if someone has a recommendation for other displays, please post. My budget is $200. Thank you guys.

2. ljx718 macrumors 6502

remember, when picking a screen, go as big as you can. you'll never regret it

3. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

IMO, scrap both of those and go for a Dell UltraSharp U2311H. Cheap and amazing IPS monitor.

EDIT: read your budget, my bad.

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

arguing this. size for space + viewing distance, but nothing smaller then 26"

i have never seen a display worth owning for $200, i need a screen at least as vibrant and beautiful to look at as my 4 year old macbook display which does not compare to the new macbook pros, i own a $500 26" LG tv and is looks dull and bleak in comparison to my macbook screen. I will at some point be purchasing a apple 27" led, THEY ARE AMAZING but they are like $1000 =D haha and the 27" are not available till september, the new iphone 4 has higher pixels per inch then almost every consumer display available in an electronics store today, and the apple led monitors has the same pixels per inch but spread out over a huge screen keeping its amazing picture!!! if nothing else take a look at them =D

5. crypticlineage thread starter macrumors regular