External Drive not accessible

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blackfx35, Jan 10, 2010.

1. blackfx35 macrumors member

I have an external hard drive that is hooked up to an Airport extreme, that I can only access via my main profile on my iMac. I have my media library on this drive, and want to see if my wife (with her profile) can also access the drive to access our media collection. Any idea what I need to do to give her access to the drive? I have looked, but cant find anything that does this....thanks in advance!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Is the drive connected to AE using USB or Ethernet? Is your wife using a PC or Mac?

I imagine she would only need to have her computer networked to the AE using the same IP range and subnet you're using, then login/pass credentials for the drive volume.

3. blackfx35 thread starter macrumors member

Drive is connected to AE via USB. My wife is using our iMac, just a different profile than mine (same computer, different user profile).

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You might need to enable her profile on both the router and the drive. Check the credentials you're using to access the drive and see if you can use the drive using your credentials from her profile.

Most likely you need to grant her login access to the drive.