External Drive Problems After Upgrade

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Crashing Bore, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Crashing Bore macrumors newbie

So after upgrading, 4 of the 5 FW800 G-Tech drives I use daily for work do not mount. Same goes for the PCI Express expansion card I use for my eSATA backup RAID. I'd avoid this upgrade if you are in the creative industry.

2. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

I love these blanket statements based on personal anecdotes.

My equally valid blanket statement: Both of my 4TB FW800 G-Tech G-RAID drives mount and function perfectly. I'd upgrade to Mavericks immediately!

Reality: I'd do what I really did months ago testing the DPs. 1. Install Mavericks on a separate drive. 2. Test. 3. If satisfied, make a fresh clone of my existing system in addition to my normal TM backup and existing biweekly system clone. 4. Install Mavericks on my main drive. 5. Test. 6. If satisfied, continue. If dissatisfied restore from the clone and try again in 3 months.

3. alvinclub macrumors newbie

I post it in another topic, and my mac is the 2013 iMac :(

Incompatible Docking station

My time machine keep ejecting itself, try to use another drive for backup it still like this, am I the only one have this issue?

Then i try to use another hdd dock, Time Machine working right now, seem like Mavericks not support my ORICO and UNITEK hdd dock. >.<

Update: Try to test on sending large file to the ORICO and UNITEK, the dock keep unmount automatically too, it was so annoying.

My Lacie and Seagate external drive seem working fine, only those docking station which support more than 3tb hdd not working.

4. alvinclub macrumors newbie

more update:

I update my macbook air too, then plug in the ext drive it work flawlessly, seem like there should be something wrong with my iMac...

But can anyone give me some suggestion what to do now? A clear install?