External Enclosures?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thriii, Nov 19, 2009.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I have some old internal HDs that i would like to take a look at and ive been thinkin about buying a Enclosure but im not sure which to get.. does any1 have any suggestions that will let me connect different types of HDs?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I get them off of ebay they are seldom over 15.00 usually less. unless you want sata firewire then it costs more.

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It depends on the type of HDD you have, be careful and choose the right one for yours.

I have one made by Transcend, very easy to use and great quality. Got it from Newegg.

6. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

There are a ton of choices... perhaps if you are more specific about your requirements (# of drives, preferred interface, cosmetic considerations, noise concerns, etc.) you might get some more intelligent suggestions. Otherwise, all I can suggest is browse the selection at Newegg or Macsales.com to get a feel for what's out there.

7. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

im not sure how the drives will be connected but im mostly concerned with getting old information off old drives.. so cosmetics and all that doesnt matter right now.. just looking to get some info off them but if the drive was safe in the enclosure that would be a plus.. but i can see how something like this would work well for getting information off the drives since it has so many connectors.. but at the same time it doesnt look to good of a solution if i were to continue using a drive if it was connected like that.. so if there isnt a solution that can keep a the HD safe + have multiple connectors i might just get that 1 and maybe another enclosure.. so any suggestions r welcome :)